THE BECKER WINDOW / St. Mary's Hall
Catherine and Milton Becker, became members of St. Mary's Shelter Island in 1955. They donated this large, beautiful, contemporary stained-glass window to St. Mary's Hall in 1998.
"Catherine’s brother, Father Henry Kupsh, also lived on Shelter Island, and was guest minister during the summer at St. Mary’s Episcopal Church, where Catherine and Milton had been members since 1955.
In 1998 Catherine and Milton designed and donated a lovely stained-glass window for the parish hall. The window celebrates the joys of life on Shelter Island, with a scene of a sunset, sailboats, seabirds and a scallop."
Read more about Catherine Becker here in a profile by The Shelter Island Reporter.